WE NEED JOBS. ENTREPRENEURS CREATE JOBS.
WHO CREATES ENTREPRENEURS?
The BizVenture Series is a volunteer-led, community-based, region-wide effort to create opportunities for youth ages 13-24 to become job creators by exploring and launching careers in small business, social entrepreneurship and invention.
Every young person in the 50 towns of the Franklin County, Hampshire County and North Quabbin region will have the opportunities, resources and support they need to chart their own paths to prosperity.
To inspire and prepare youth ages 13-24 in the Franklin County, Hampshire County and North Quabbin region to consider careers in small business, social entrepreneurship and invention.
The Series will grow and sustain our region’s economy by providing educational activities and cultivating an entrepreneurial culture that helps everyone understand, appreciate and champion entrepreneurship as a way of shaping lives, making livings, and contributing to the well-being of our communities and the planet.
To provide an annual series of activities, contests and events that enable young people to learn about, engage with and experience business, social entrepreneurship and invention throughout their adolescence at times, places and in formats that are age- and developmentally-appropriate and aligned with their individual learning styles, academic needs, and generational culture.
|Promote ||Educate ||Support|
|Outreach & Publicity ||Activities & Events ||Networking|
|Partnerships ||Workshops ||Mentoring|
|Recognition ||Contests & Awards ||Technical Assistance|
|Accreditation ||Resources ||Financing & Facililities|
• 1,000 youth are introduced to entrepreneurship via BizTour.
• 250 youth assess their business attitudes, knowledge & readiness via BizQuiz.
• 100 youth enter a business, non-profit or invention idea in the BizIdea Challenge.
• 50 youth display, pitch and present their BizIdeas at the Youth Business Expo.
• 100 parents, educators, professionals and peers attend the Expo.
• 25 youth attend BizKamp and learn how to start and operate their own business.
• 35 youth enter their business plans in the BizPlan Competition.
• 15 youth receive individualized business support from a BizLaunch Coach.
• 5,000 members of the public become aware of BizVenture and its mission.